Are you ready to take part in a challenging learning experience? Find out more about what we’re looking for, the follow up activities, and how you can apply to join our 2021 cohort.
Stamina for Sustainability is designed for undergraduate and graduate UBC students interested in being challenged with new perspectives, looking for deeper support for their work, rethinking mainstream approaches to sustainability and social change, and building a community of others interested in similar questions.
To participate in the Stamina for Sustainability program, you will be expected to engage with the program content and other participants with a flexible and open mind. This includes responding in generative ways to perspectives that do not resonate with you.
Participants from all Faculties and Departments are welcome. All participants must be currently enrolled as a UBC student.
We especially invite participants who:
- Have previous knowledge and/or experience of sustainability (academic and/or co-curricular involvement)
- Are self-driven, motivated, self-directed learners
- Are dissatisfied or frustrated with existing practices of sustainability, and sense a need to pause, re-evaluate, and find stamina for engaging with this work differently
- Have experienced the limitations of good intentions in sustainability and the failures in a system that is driven by and rewards simple, feel-good solutions that reinforce and reproduce social and ecological inequalities
- Are willing to experience discomfort, and different ways of relating to each other and the earth that challenge our culture of problem-solving within predetermined frameworks
Watch the information session
For questions about the information session, please contact email@example.com.
Submit your application
Before you apply, please make sure you have downloaded and read the program guidelines.
Please note the following application deadline.
- All applications are due by 11:59pm, Friday April 23, 2021.
- Successful candidates will receive invitations starting Monday May 10, 2021.
For questions about the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.