Are you ready to take part in three days of challenging and immersive learning? Find out more about what we’re looking for, the follow up activities, and how you can apply to join our 2020 cohort.
Stamina for Sustainability is designed for undergraduate and graduate UBC students interested in being challenged with new perspectives, looking for deeper support for their work, disrupting the status quo, and building a community of like-minded individuals.
To participate in the Stamina for Sustainability program, you will be expected to engage with the program content and other participants with a flexible and open mind.
Participants from all Faculties and Departments are welcome.
You should demonstrate the following qualities and/or characteristics:
- Previous knowledge of sustainability (academic and/or co-curricular involvement)
- Self-driven, motivated, self-directed learner
- Dissatisfied or frustrated with existing practices of sustainability, and sense a need to pause, re-evaluate, and find stamina for engaging this work differently
- Have experienced the limitations of good intentions in sustainability and the failures in a system that is driven by and rewards simple, feel-good solutions that reinforce and reproduce social and ecological inequalities
- Willing to experience discomfort, and different ways of relating to each other and the earth that challenge our culture of problem-solving within predetermined frameworks
- Must be at least 18 years of age, and be enrolled as a current UBC student
Attend an information session
Join us for a free information session to learn more about the program and meet the program facilitators.
Where: Centre for Interactive Research on Sustainability, Room 2336
When: 4:30pm February 13, 2020
Submit your application
Before you apply, please make sure you have downloaded and read the program guidelines.
Ready to apply? Download the application form via the "APPLY" button below.
Please note the following application and program fee deadlines.
- All applications are due by 11:59pm, Sunday February 23, 2020.
- Successful candidates will receive invitations starting Monday March 9, 2020.
- A $50 deposit to hold your space in the program is due by Thursday March 26, 2020.
- The $100 balance is due Apr 15, 2020.
Payments can be made via a credit card or a cheque payable to the University of British Columbia.
The UBC Sustainability Initiative is committed to creating inclusive and accessible learning environments. If you feel there are any barriers to your participation in this program, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-822-9376.
For questions about the program, please contact email@example.com or call 604-822-9376.