The Workplace Sustainability Fund awards UBC Sustainability Coordinators with up to $1,000 to support sustainability initiatives in their units.
Have a sustainability project idea for your department or unit? The Workplace Sustainability Fund helps turn ideas into action.
Funds are available annually for Sustainability Coordinators to pursue sustainability projects addressing at least one of the following focus areas:
- Climate Action
- Energy Conservation and Efficiency
- Waste Reduction
- Water Conservation
- Sustainable Transportation
- Education & Engagement
Applicants to the Fund must be registered Sustainability Coordinators.
Sustainability Coordinators in any type of workplace setting (offices, labs, facilities/maintenance/trades, food service/retail outlets etc.) are welcome to apply. Applications are open to coordinators at the Point Grey Campus, Robson Square Campus and Teaching Hospital Sites.
Applications are currently open. Here’s how to apply:
The deadline to apply is end of day, Monday March 11, 2019.
If you have any questions about eligibility, project suitability, or would like to learn more about the fund, please contact email@example.com.
Funds awarded to date have supported various projects, including:
- Sustainability lunch and learn program for Supply Management employees
- Recycling and composting education initiatives at the School of Population and Public Health
- A bottled-water-free events campaign at the Liu Institute for Global Issues
- Styrofoam reduction and recycling pilot programs at the Brain Research Centre and the Life Sciences Institute
- Zero waste events and “Living Atrium” projects at the UBC Faculty of Forestry
- E-waste educational event and recycling drive in the Centre for Interactive Research on Sustainability
ADDITIONAL FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
Learn more about additional funding opportunities for sustainability projects at UBC.