Sustainability Community of Learners
This is a low-level commitment opportunity for students to earn Sustainability Community of Learners accreditation by completing seven learning opportunities, community service, and submitting a reflection. Learning opportunities will be listed on the Explore Sustainability page, which will be updated throughout the year.
- Engage with aspects of sustainability including environmental integrity, economic vitality, and social equity through learning and discussions on climate, biodiversity, resilient communities, justice, and circular economy
- Explore sustainability issues and solutions using an interdisciplinary approach that focuses on intersectionality
- Articulate how sustainability relates to your lives as community members and individual students, and how your actions impact sustainability
Earn the Certificate
- Attend 5 Explore Sustainability workshops;
- Attend 2 Explore Sustainability events;
- Complete 5 hours of community or volunteer service;
- Submit a personal reflection on your experience exploring and engaging with sustainability through workshops, events, and volunteer work;
- Submit a list and brief summary of 5 Explore Sustainability workshops and 2 events that you have attended; and
- Submit a letter of support from the organization that sponsored your volunteer work.