Developed at UBC in 1999, the Sustainability Coordinator Program offers the support, awareness, skills and tools you need to foster sustainability in your department.
Using two to four hours of work time per month, with supervisor permission, Sustainability Coordinators help to:
- Inspire colleagues to make changes in energy consumption, waste, purchasing, transportation, food, and more
- Deliver information about the ecological impact of daily workplace activities
- Identify sustainability initiatives for their departments
- Communicate UBC sustainability policies, procedures, news and events
- Make sustainability easy and fun
By becoming a Sustainability Coordinator, you will:
- Join the network of over 120 coordinators across campus
- Attend sustainability-focused educational events and networking sessions
- Develop skills through sustainability-related training sessions
- Access funding opportunities and campus-wide recognition event
PROGRAM IMPACT AREAS
- Energy Conservation
- Sustainable Purchasing
- Waste Reduction
- Water Conservation
- Workplace Engagement
Apply now and become a sustainability rep for your unit!
SUSTAINABILITY COORDINATOR RESOURCES
Take Action Tips
Our Sustainability Take Action Tips provides UBC-specific resources to encourage sustainable behaviours in the workplace.
Workshops and Training Sessions
Our workshops and training sessions provide sustainability learning, professional development, and networking opportunities for staff and faculty. To be notified of upcoming training opportunities, join our mailing list.
Workplace Sustainability Fund
The Workplace Sustainability Fund awards Sustainability Coordinators with up to $800 to support sustainability initiatives in their units.